Faith Leads The Way

AMARJIT - West Bloomfield, Michigan

It was by a stroke of luck one Sunday morning I came across Noel Osteen’s program being aired on the television. I thought that I would flip the channel after listening to him for a few minutes, but this man had me mesmerized. I head him say “Have faith in God and he will bring you people who will help you.” The sentence has stuck with me since the time I have heard it.

I thought back upon the times when this was exactly what had happened in my life. The instances are numerous but this one stands out.

When I started looking for a house I came across Mary Kettlehut, an agent with a reputed real estate agency. No one introduced me to her. I just was browsing on the internet, looking for a house. I put in all details about my needs on a web site and she called me within a couple of minutes. It’s not that Mary was the first real estate agent that I had met, but this woman had a positive attitude and a ton of patience. Well to cut a long story short, I found my “dream house” after looking at about twenty five houses.

Our financial condition and our savings were not in a great shape and we were on a very tight budget. Mary’s persistent efforts not only brought the price of the house down but she put in a clause within the offer that the seller shall return 4% of the sale price of the house at closing. I had previously worked with other agents and made offers on other properties, but this was the first time an agent had put in such a clause in the offer. Our offer was accepted.

Then came the question of mortgage. I had heard that the government offers MSHDA (Michigan State Housing Development Authority) loan through certain qualified lenders. I again went browsing the internet for information about the same and came across Harry Polemitis, a loan officer with a reputed bank. I now think back and realize that it was God’s wish which is why out of about five hundred names it was Harry that I had to pick.

Harry is a very charming and considerate man. He handled our loan application as if we were his family members and not clients. He not only got us a low interest rate but also helped us lower our car insurance almost by half by advising us to switch over to another insurance company.

Why I am telling you all this particular episode is because having my “own house” is a dream that I have cherished for years. If it were not for these two people I think I would still be house hunting. I am now a proud owner of a beautiful four bedroom house in West Bloomfield, Michigan.

So I want to say that have faith and everything begins to fall in place on its own. Be positive in your attitude. Believe in God as well as in yourself. You yourself are in the way of your success. If we welcome every day as the first day of our life and are thankful for every breath we take then we can learn to appreciate the beauty around us and not surround us with negativity or complain about everything. Every breath, every day is a new opportunity to take a small step towards our goal. Try to quit smoking, lose weight, quit drugs, be open to meeting new people, and believe in yourself and God. Do not give up hope and he surely will welcome your efforts with open arms and cross your path with positive people and circumstances which will help you reach the threshold of success.

Always remember what Noel says “God has plans for everyone. No matter the mistakes, there is always a new beginning.”