My Blusgrass

Tyler - 28110, North Carolina

Bluegrass Music

I believe in Bluegrass music because it is what I hold near and dear to my heart for many reasons. One reason is that it is extremely difficult to master. Anyone that plays Bluegrass deserves recognition. Take for instance, the Banjo is played with three picks at the same time. That by itself can be mind boggling. Another reason that I love Bluegrass is because of its history. People were known to play Bluegrass as far back as the 1700s. I think it’s amazing that it has been around that long. Still today, people play those old songs and they are still enjoyed by many.

Another reason that I love Bluegrass is because it’s not the mainstream stuff that everyone listens to these days. When people hear me play it they ask me “Hey, what’s that?” and I say “Man, that’s great stuff.”

In conclusion, Bluegrass to me is a way to express who I am and how I don’t care to be mainstreamed. It also gives me a glimpse of how it was back in the old days when the air was cleaner and life was a little bit simpler. The next time that you hear a good old country boy play a Bluegrass tune stop and appreciate it and give it a shot.