All About Me

Jada - Chicago, Indiana

Who am I…? My name is Jada J–. I was born on November 5th. I grew up on the south side of Chicago. I attended Julius Rosenwald Elementary School. I attended William J. Bogan High School. What is courage? Courage is the ability to face danger, difficulty, uncertainty, or pain without being overcome by fear or being deflected from a chosen course of action. My definition of courage is not to be afraid of anything and do what you have to do no matter what others may say or think.

I grew up on 79th and Maplewood. It is not one of the best neighborhoods but we are one. On 79th and Maplewood, we stick together. Everyone on my block has been there forever so we are like family. To us family is looking after one another and even though we are not related, we function as a household.

I attended Julius Rosenwald from pre-k until graduating from eighth grade in June 2003. Julius Rosenwald is located on 80th and Maplewood, in Chicago, Illinois. While attending Rosenwald I learned the basic skills: math, reading, writing, and grammar. I met my first best friend at Rosenwald her name is Jasmine J–. I met Jasmine in kindergarten. We are still friends today. I love my grammar school and will contribute to them when I finish college.

As life goes on, I attended William J. Bogan Technical High School. I enjoyed high school life. It flew past so quickly. At Bogan, I was in spirit club, and on student council and prom committee. I was on Royal Court 2007. I was on the honor roll my junior year. I met my second best friend Yolanda S–. She showed me what life was all about. In my high school years, I mat the love of my life Dwayne L– a.k.a. Chuckie. I graduated from Bogan High School on June 8th, 2007.

I had many courageous moments in life but the most important one was graduating from high school. This was a courageous moment because it was plenty of times when I wanted to give up and just say forget it. However, my best friend Yolanda was there and pushing me through it. She said that I can do anything that I put my mind to and that is what I did. I wanted to finish high school but it was times when my mind would wonder off and I wanted to do what my mind had wanted me to do. Nevertheless, my conscience kicked in and said “You are in control of your mind, body and soul…” I took heed to what my conscience and Yolanda said and now I am a freshman in college.

In the story “I Just Wanna Be Average,” the family was going through a struggle. It was times that they wanted to give up and say forget it what ever happen happens. That is when courage kicked in and they stayed together and made it through. In the book, “Antonio’s Gun,” he showed courage by leaving the house at the age of fourteen. He left at fourteen and took care of himself. That is a BIG sign of courage because you have to be brave to leave and be able to take of yourself at such a young age.

In conclusion, you can see that life has many courageous moments. Courage is the number one key to life besides success. My life is filled with courageous moments. Courage is to be brave and believe that you can do anything if you put your mind to it.