I Strongly Believe in Honesty

Kristin - Monroe, North Carolina
Themes: integrity

I Strongly Believe In Honesty

I strongly believe in honesty because with out honesty, there would be no relationships. For me Honesty is a big part of a relationship. It doesn’t matter if it is with a parent or parents, a boyfriend/girlfriend, or with friends. Honesty is the key part. I was always told that if I lie, I will have to tell 10 more to cover it up.

I remember I used to try to lie to my parents all the time about what I was doing or where I was going because I wanted to go party and have fun. Well I learned my lesson really quick. Not only did my parents see straight through me, but they always had sources that saw me every where I went. To this day I have never found out who those sources were. I always got punished big time for it to. Eventually I got tired of getting punished, so I decided to stop lying to my parents. And now they trust me more than they ever have in the past 18 years I have been on this earth.

When it comes to having an actual relationship with a boy or a girl, Honesty is a big issue. I have always been lied to by my boyfriends. I never found out they lied until it was too late. And it never failed; I always got hurt because of that lie. I learned not to trust guys ever again. A relationship is a very good thing to have in someone’s life, but if one of the persons in the relationship is not being honest then it really is not a true relationship. I have learned a lot from the relationships I have had over the years, and the main thing that I learned is to always be honest with that significant other.

I also believe in honesty when it comes to friends. Friendship, like having a serious relationship with a significant other, is all about honesty too. Friends are always asking for the truth when it comes to a personal opinion. For example, when my friends and I go shopping, like any other girl, the question I always ask is “Do these jeans make my butt look big?” OF course they know that I want the honest truth, so they tell me. Another example would be when I tell my best friend a secret. I trust that they won’t say anything when I tell them not to. Honesty builds up trust. And once that trust is broken, it is very hard to get it back.

Honesty is a huge part of my life. And if someone is not willing to be honest with me, then I don’t want anything to do with them. It doesn’t matter if you have a relationship with parents, boyfriend/girlfriend, or friends. Always be honest. Honesty will get someone very far in life.