Honesty in America

Nicholas - Harbor Springs, Michigan

Honesty in America

This I believe in a Government that is honest with its Citizens. Letting Americans know the real agenda. Our Government should share the whole truth regardless of the severity of the situation. The government depends on Straw polls to decide what information we can and can’t handle. I believe the Government would gain the trust of so many if they just put as much faith in Americans as Americans put into their Government. Tell us the truth. Tell us what is really happening. Instead we get a false war. “ were (America)looking for this guy(Osama) well take you instead”(Saddam). The message our Government has sent is we do what we please. Why? Because Governments can that is the message that is sent across the world. Distraction is the Governments most power weapon. It is more powerful than 10 Nuclear Bombs. The media, the press, the news, the filth. Cluttered garbage of tragic stories, embarrassing events, or trivial ones. For instance the Lacy Peterson murder, so incredibly sad but put out there in our faces daily to help forget the war. The Kobe Bryant sex scandal. A tragic story of lies and deceit on both his/her part. More importantly shame on the Government for letting it sway our attention from the Dishonesty of the Governments actions. The C.I.A. gave Osama Bin Laden 200 Million dollars and now we’re looking to track him down in the middle of Iraq. Honesty is what I believe in. Honesty is something Americans haven’t heard from our Government since God knows when. Beyond simple truths told on Television. Like the President went to Camp David for the weekend or the Vice President shot a Senator today. The Senator apologized shortly after. Wow that seems a little weird. Then again so does two Bushs’, two Wars on Iraq, and too high of gas prices. I love our Country. I really have a lot of faith in our future as a better Country, and World. I would just appreciate a little more clarity and honesty from our Nations leaders. I don’t honestly believe that all 500 of our Governments elected officials’ are in the dishonest area. I do certainly believe that enough of them are in the grey area. I believe honesty will save us someday.