Never Take The Bus at the Last Minute

Marlon - Brookline, Massachusetts

Never Take the bus at the Last Minute

When I woke up and looked at the clock radio, I saw that I was late for school but there was something on my mind to do. What was it? A project, homework, or just to take a shower? Whatever, I was still late for the bus; fifteen minutes late. The cold wind blew through my cheeks as I stood at the bus stop, and time went by. Finally there was the bus coming, with its sad face. Now, checking my pockets where was the money? Maybe once the bus driver was nice to me, but there isn’t always a cool dude to help us out. And if there wasn’t this morning, the journey through the cold weather was just going to take forever. Taking the bus at the last minute is never appropriate.

As life is a large box of experiences full of discoveries, it’s usually the days that I tried to take the bus at the last minute, that I’ve learned life’s most important lessons. The way to understand how things work in this world is as hard as trying to understand your own beliefs. Of course, I am not just talking about the days that I took the bus at the last minute but all the times in my life that I left things for the last minute. One should never leave things to be done at the last minute. Things should be done when you really don’t feel like it; if not you might end walking to school. Moreover, like me procrastination can harm you, make you late for school, cause you to get bad grades and miss important parts of life.

I believe that we should never let our laziness takes over our duties because in the end we suffer. I still remember one recent morning, when birds were singing, my family was over and there was a major project to be done. My answer to that was that I would do it later. Time went by and my laziness said “no”. Night came, nothing. Midnight came, I was asleep. What would I do as dawn was coming? Fake that I was sick, so that I didn’t have to go to school, or do the project then? My integrity would suffer if I went to school without it.

We always try to be perfect; which we aren’t, but I can’t help but wonder If I hadn’t taken the bus at the last minute things would have changed, and probably for the better.