Myspace Connection

Charmaine - Petoskey, Michigan

I remember when I first started using myspace.com; I was about fifteen and I was in a computer programs class. Since I was done with my homework, I decided I was going to start up a myspace account and add all my friends and classmates from school. Myspace.com is an easy place to stay connected with friends, find old friends, instant communicate with others, and change your profile to make it more personal.

Most everyone has a myspace account now; I have added all my high school friends that way I can write them whenever I want to. I have also been finding old friends from elementary school, people that I rode the bus and went to class with. It is important to keep in touch with old friends because there is a possibility that you and your old friends may have something in common now. That and they were part of your life history and maybe you would like to reflect back on those life experiences with them.

If I want to find an old friend from elementary school I go up to the tool bar and click search, put in their first, and last name and then click search. There will be more than one person showing up under that name so I have to pay attention for the person I am looking for. Then I click on their profile and scroll down until I see where it says “add me” and click that. Then click “ok” and the friendship invitation has been sent.

Myspace is also a template for revealing things about yourself that others may not know about you and would like to know. You can find out some really random things like your friends favorite brand of shoes, and other information. I can change the background, about me, interests, music, movies, heroes and who I’d like to meet. By doing this I am able to tell my friends more about me, probably things they didn’t even know.

Myspace is also a one stop information shop. You can find any of your favorite bands and find almost any thing out about them. A lot of artists tell you a brief summary of their life, like where they grew up and how they got into the music industry. So there are also famous people like Tila Tequila, Green Day and other bands that have myspace accounts. I am able to add them and find more out about them and listen to their music that they uploaded to their myspace.

I believe in myspace. Myspace is just a wonderful place to instantly write your friends and they can instantly write back once they check their myspace account. I believe that there are odd ways to communicate with others. I believe this is one of the most popular ways to stay connected with friends. If you want to stay connected with old friends be sure to use myspace.com.