Scott - Boston, Massachusetts

Why help someone to then let them down? Why make that new bright smile back into a frown? I believe helping someone should be an every day task, not when you feel like it. I believed this through the entire 15 years of my life. It just gives me a feeling of empowerment or being overwhelmed, but either way, I help out.

I make it a everyday task to help someone out by doing something as small as holding a door open or to just being there and talking to my sister and mom about our life. I don’t do it to get a thanks or a pat on the back, I do it because it’s the right thing to do and because I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t.

Ever since I was four years old all I wanted to do was “To Serve and Protect”. My goal of being a cop is more of an outline of who I am and who I will be. I went through some stuff through out my life and am going to go through more. I always thought I could help people with their situations the right way. Although I won’t be able to I’ve done it all or every thing possible has happened to me, I’ll be able to be there and talk to people about stuff, and help them get on the right path.

The one and only important thing in anyone’s life is your family. To me it is more important than any thing this is because I am and have been the man of the house pretty much for the full 15 years of my life. I am there for my mom and sister during good and bad times. This made me grow up faster, mature more, and look out for my family. This helped me make plans for my future; I want to be a cop.