My Hardest isn’t my Hardest

Jordam - Boston, Massachusetts

Why can’t success come to me? Hard work calls out as if it’s on the intercom. Hard work unlocks success’ door. Hard work looks for success like a child lost its mother and is calling out to her. They belong together. Hard work is the best choice to make during any event in your life time. I have the potential to be successful. Hard work is at the top of the stair case and I’m reaching for it.

I was young and addicted to football. Watching games, yelling at the TV, cheering like a real fan. The games inspired me to play. I joined a football organization with confidence that was greater than ever. I wanted to be the greatest player alive. It wasn’t as expected, tough breathing, serious headaches. I felt terrible after every practice. I wanted to quit all the time. The pressure from the coaches tore me apart. My uncle said to me one day, “Your talent helps you a lot. But hard work will make you even better.” I could see the tension in his eyes. He wanted me to go all the way through just like I wanted to. There was no doubt about that. He believed I could be the best, all I needed was hard work.

Most people have someone that gives them inspiration. My grandma is that one person for me. “You need to do the best you can do. Go for hard work. Reach for success.” I can hear those words in my head as if she is telling me over and over again. Without a doubt I listen to her. Hard work is in her heart. She wants me to become the best I want to be. She always has inspiring words that make me think I can be the one telling my children or grandchildren the same exact thing she tells me. I can step into her footsteps and become something great. Hard work is all there is to it.

People tell me I have to go for it, I need to finish, go for it all because I have a lot of talent and intelligence. I just don’t use it as much as I am supposed to. People believe in me because they know I can do it. I can turn my life around. I can actually use my grandmother’s advice just like how I used my uncle’s advice for football. Hard work can show people a thing or two. I actually see now what I need. People have been inspiring me all my life. I didn’t take it in as serious as I am now. It’s something I have to make a living out of.

I want to make something out of myself because I try when I want something to be done. I believe in myself. I believe I can do it. I believe I can be successful. I believe my hard work will bring me success in life.