The Icing On The Cake

Bryant - Boston Ma, Massachusetts
Themes: death, family

The Icing on the Cake

I can’t even begin to describe what I would do if my family split up. Of course everyone has to move on with their lives but if my grandmother (Hatte Simpson) was still alive everything would be perfect. My grandmother was the icing on the cake, she was the heart and soul of my family, but once she died everything just went straight down hill. Now everyone has moved to a different place, or they just don’t communicate with the family. Just recently my cousin moved away. Now this was one of the people in my family that I could talk to and hangout with and now she’s gone. Now she lives in

Lynn, MA and there’s no way I can reach her, it’s like I don’t even know who my family is anymore.

My grandmother was the best of the best. Whenever we saw her she always had some kind of pie or cake in the kitchen for my father, my mother, my brothers and me. And I loved to eat so she knew that I was always going to have a nice size piece of whatever she made. She was the one holding it all together. Whenever there was a problem she would fix it, whenever something didn’t seem right she would find the source of the disturbance before it escalated into something else. She was the peace-maker. Wherever she went everyone knew her, she was the best grandmother that my family could have, it don’t get no better.

It’s kind of hard with you not around, and even though the family split-up you’re still in heaven smiling down on us.

My mom is fun and exiting, my two brothers (Theodore Simpson, 18 and Edmond Simpson, 17 A.K.A Teddy and Eddie) are just my brothers, and my sister (Amarii Steward, 6) is so cute I can’t even begin to describe it. It was kind of rough at first but we warmed up to everything and eventually we had a nice, calm life. We always argue about some things but hey what family doesn’t?

I believe that family is the most important people in my life. I believe this because those are the people that care for me and will stand by my side… and some people don’t even have that.