The Victims of Criminals

michelle - Gulfport, Mississippi
Themes: injustice

The Victims of Criminals

In this “This I Believe,” I believe that the victims of these hard mean criminals should get the justice that they want. I believe that the criminals should go to jail for what they did, they should not be processed as not guilty. They are guilty for the crime they committed they are given a sob story in jail and in court saying they did not mean and they love their spouse and they would never do it again. They want the judge and the jury to feel sorry for them. I believe that a women being abused or raped or any kind of torture that they should come forward to the police or find some kind of help. I do not understand what drives a man to abuse a woman, but I think it is so wrong. I think the criminal should go to jail and be done to them what crime he or she committed. I always told myself if I ever saw someone beating their kid or someone beating their spouse I would do something about it! I was raised to love and respect everyone why cant other people be like that? I may not ever know!