I Believe Gays Should Have the Rights to Get Married

Jennifer - gulfport, Mississippi

This I believe is that gays should have the freedom to marry and be with the person they love. I think that not allowing them to get married is unjustified and wrong. Gay people are humans with big hearts they never down anyone for who they are. I have friends who are gay and would love to get married but since they live in a state that is against letting them get married they cannot. I believe that if straight people are allowed to choose who they marry. Why can’t gay people choose who they want to marry. America is all about freedom of speech and rights well I feel that if they are in America then they should get that freedom. Gay people are just like everyone else they get to do everything. They even have a parade in cites but they can’t get married in the same cities they had a gay parade in? The laws are a little confusing to me they give them all the rights to do everything else but just not the right to get married. I believe that if they are happy with the person they are with and want to spend the rest of their life with that person then they should be allowed to do so. Though some states have allowed them to get married all gays can’t go way over there to other state just to get married to the one they love. It is ridiculous that just because some of the people who make the laws in certain states have a problem with gays that they wont allow them to get married legally. It is hard enough for gay people as it is with just them being gay. They just want the chance to be able to get married and be able to show their love for the one they are with and everybody else. I believe that they should be allowed to express their feelings to the world and to the one they love. Getting married is a big deal to everyone gay or straight and taking that right from them because of their sexuality is just hateful. Everyone deserves somebody once in their life and if they are gay and find that person then they should be allowed to show that person how they really feel by getting married.