I am here for a reason

Patricia - Easthampton, Massachusetts

We were not born to work a 48 hour week or to gamble on Saturday nights. We were not born to waste time and money on materialistic goods. We were not born to advertise the sale of deadly substances and we were not born to stand in a battlefield and fight for our lives. We were not born to break each other’s hearts. We were not born to experience pain. We were not born to get fired or kicked out of the house. We were born to live. We were born to laugh. We were born to learn…

I believe that I am here for a reason. I was born to become someone and play an important role in society. I was born to change and to grow.

I’ve never been one to believe that determination or luck leads you to your achievements. I believe that our life has already been planned for us and that we cannot change its path. I believe each one of us will play our part and come to die. But I believe that I am here for a reason and that I will do something meaningful.  

I won’t be a famous writer or a religious leader. I do not plan on saving the world. I just hope to make the best of my life and become the someone my parents have tried hard to bring up. I will succeed in many ways. I will someday become what will be remembered as me.