Mackenzie - Caledonia, New York
Themes: purpose

I believe that everything happens for a reason. The good, the bad, and the ugly, all have a purpose in this world and in your life. Some things happen for reasons that are as clear as day and others that leave you with nothing but the question why. The broken hearts or the loss of a loved one, the most unexplainable things can happen, but I believe they have a purpose.

Kathy Seifert is the strongest woman I know. She babysat my brother and me when we were younger, and growing up she was the older sister I never had. She is now in her late twenties, newly married, and has a baby boy named Tyler. Right after having her son, Kathy was diagnosed with breast cancer, and after fighting that battle, she got cancer in the back of her head, and it has now spread into her liver. Her biggest battle now is time. She has fought the good fight, but yet the cancer is determined to take her from everything she loves and everyone that loves her. I have asked myself so many times why someone like that, who has been nothing but a good and loving person, has been given this life to live when there are people in this world killing and raping. When I visit her I see it though, the answer to why her, why now. Asking why gets her nowhere, she has accepted what she was given and she is living for today. Though so cruel and twisted, I believe Kathy was given this life for a reason, because no one I know could put up the fight she has day in and day out, and still walk around and love every day.

Kathy is the reason I truly believe everything happens for a reason, even if the answer why is unclear, it has a purpose and a meaning to someone, somewhere.