My Sister, My Hero

Heather - 6002, Illinois

I believe without my 16 year old sister Megan, I would not be who I am today. Without your family, you have nothing. The everyday life of my sister and me is pretty intense. Although my sister has made her mistakes it doesn’t mean I will. The reasons why my sister and I are so close is because of everything we go through. “Don’t be sad be glad,” is what I am told every day of my life.

My life with my sister Megan is not how it should be. There has not been one day we have not gone without fighting, and that’s not good. Yeah, we are sisters, we fight, I understand that and I still love her. Under all the fighting my sister is a pretty amazing person. She drives me places; she even drives my friend’s places. Megan would have to be one of the coolest persons I have met. Megan and I will beat you in Guitar Hero; no one can beat us when we are together! We are a good team and we know how to be a good team, but the bad thing is we haven’t learned how to get along, yet. Basically everyday we play Guitar Hero, clean, and fight, but when we aren’t and we are spending family time at Yellowstone National Park, Yogi Bear or just at a hotel for a night because we are bored, we know how to have a good time and that’s what counts.

We all aren’t perfect and it’s not our faults we all make mistakes. Megan has made her mistakes in life. They could have not been as bad, but hey, there’s a reason why it’s called a mistake. I am so glad and thankful I have my sister to teach me and show me how this world is. What I have learned the most is learn from your mistakes and don’t make the same ones. Megan has learned from her mistakes and I have too. It’s good to be there through all the tough times. Yeah, they’re tough, be we get through them and most of all we learn from them.

Megan and I have, let’s just say, been through some pretty hard times! My whole family has, who hasn’t? When you lose someone in your family it’s hard. Trust me, it will be one of the hardest thing’s that will happen to you and that’s a fact. When I was younger I always had that fear of losing someone close to me and that fear happened. When my 26 year old Uncle Larry died on Memorial Day last year, it was devastating. When that day happened I realized how lucky and fortunate I really am. Let’s say from that day on I started appreciating everything way more then I used too. We all have learned how to expect everything and everyone. Megan and I have learned how to expect each other and we have realized how much we mean to each other.

My sister means the world to me, I would take a bullet for her if it came too it, and I realize she would do the same for me. My life with my sister could not and will never get better. Although we make mistakes we shouldn’t make the same ones. I am positive my sister Megan and I are so close because we realize how much we mean to each other. Without my sister I would be lost in this huge world. She has taught me so much and I appreciate that. I will never forget my only sister, Megan Sylvia Quirk.