I Believe

anthony - USA
Themes: fear, hope

I believe this world is too big. There are more than 6 billion people in this world and I have yet to travel to a different country. I believe I can meet a person one day and never see them again for the rest of my life. There is simply just not enough time to experience all the world has to offer, and explore the great features of this world. I have always wanted to travel the bamboo forests of China, explore the great African plains, cut through the forest of the Amazon, and relax in the soothing and warm beaches of Mediterranean.

I have always admired the concept of high school reunions. High school reunions bring back people from their different places and times of their lives to reunite a section of their past life, their high school life. My uncle recently just flew all the way from Chicago to attend his high school reunion back here in San Jose. I believe a lot of my current high school friends will move away after high school to attend college in a different city or state. I believe most of them will remember me, but will just list me as a high school friend. I believe there will be a small chance that I will get to see many of them after college.

Every other year I take a trip to my Grandmother’s house in Vancouver, Canada. Every time I visit, I miss my friend Andrew whom I met on my first trip and was my Grandmother’s neighbor. The first time I visited my Grandmother was when I was six years old and her neighbor was around my age. During the vacation I would just go to his house and play video games on Nintendo 64. I remember he even treated me out to a water slide park near it and I just barely met him. We never kept contact since we were both so young and so on my next trip two years later, he moved and never told my Grandmother where he moved to. He was a part of a section in my life and he hasn’t been for another section after.

Life is moving fast and I’ve seen so little in this gigantic world. I am at the end of my current stage, high school. I have to take a huge step next year and meet many different people, do different things, have different responsibilities, and I myself will be different as I was during high school. I believe this world is too big and it scares me because I am afraid I will lose many close people in my life as I excel every stage of my life.