Believing can get you further than you ever guessed

KasieJo - ellsworth, Maine
Themes: death, hope

I believe in believing. I feel that if I did not know how to believe that I would not survive the next day because I need to believe that my body will carry me through the night and the hours to come. Believe, well that just means to have confidence in the emotions that exist on the inside. What if there were not any beliefs in the world? People would not believe in themselves but most importantly they would not believe in the abilities of the things they can do, such as helping others day after day with just a smile. Even just giving themselves the things that they need daily.

Surviving in the world can take so little belief for some but for others, belief is all that they may have to look for answers. Belief that you can get a job and pay the bills, sometimes people cannot put food on the table for their family and all you can do is believe that there will be a better day in the near future. There are so many families that have problems not only with money but also with going day-to-day managing the things happening around them. There is not one person that I have met that is the same as the next.

People do not always physically show their disabilities, from emotional problems to speech and physical things, or even their every day thoughts. Just having your own thoughts can give a reason to believe. I personally have met many amazing people in my short seventeen years and not one of them having shown the way they think about their daily lives. Every one of these people having had their problems, and needing to get through just hour to hour by just hoping things will turn out better.

For growth in ourselves, we need to believe. Believe that we can change and that there are always things that can go wrong. Personally, I know that change can be difficult and it takes a lot of belief to get through, but belief can take away the shock. I have moved many times and I had many people in my life die and some of them have gone their separate ways. It has always been difficult for me to have the small changes. I was always told that they were just part of life but that does not make it any easier. The shock of change is not the hardest part, there are so many things and you need to believe in yourself and your ability to get to where you need to be and what you need to do to get there. There is not one change in life that does not require believing in yourself and the people surrounding you.

Believing in yourself can help in so many ways, and at times that you think that it couldn’t. When my father died in 2002, I thought that I would never stop feeling the strong feelings and that I should just end it all. It has taken me five and a half years to know that those feeling were normal and that I will never stop missing him. By believing that I could go day to day without the waking up and feeling guilty for not saying good-bye, realized that he always knew how much I cared. This helps me live the life I have now and to be able to build the lasting relationships I have come to have.

There are so many things that I could continue to list things off to explain why I believe in believing so strongly. I know that I can say that everything I have been through, from having my dad’s death, to being put into DHHS custody, and then my mother having another baby, has all shown me that the only thing I can do to get places is to believe that I can make anything happen with or even without help.

I am a child living at Kids peace New England, so believing is very important to me and I think that it can help all of the people who feel like they cant do anything they want to. They set their minds to it; they can reach anything and everything.

Belief is all that I had for a very long time. Life is not easy and by knowing that I can believe that the people in my everyday life, and even myself can help out by having confidence in the future. We will never know what is going to happen until it comes, but we always have our beliefs to carry us through until it is here. Believe in everything in the future, and everything in just the next ten minutes.