Spiritual Experiances

Micah - Littleton, Colorado

Everyday of our lives, we are under the watchful eye of our Lord. This became apparent to me through my love of fishing. Fishing had been my life my whole life, but it wasn’t until the age of 16, when I realized that fishing had become to mean so much more to me than just a hobby, it was a way for me to become closer to the lord. When I went fishing it brought tranquility into my busy life in which I looked forward to each day. The very sound of the water crashing upon the rocks, calmed me down more than anything I knew. This is what I live for, and would ultimately be faced with almost dieing for.

Each morning I would go out fishing, not knowing what I would encounter that day. But just like every morning in the summer, I would habitually say a quick prayer, slide on my waiters get into my sun tanned fishing jacket and slap on my old lime green Hooligan fishing hat and start my journey towards my river through my familiar back yard and over my splintery old wood fence. What seemed to me like any other old day soon became a day that would change my life forever.

When I entered the water that summer after noon I felt the spirits promptings, that the fact the water was getting to deep in some parts could be a pose potential danger. But knowing me, not a little extra water was going to keep me from the best fishing hole just a few feet up the river. It was right under where the water would come down off the slippery, slimy rocks filled a deep hole, perfect for fish. At this point, the water level had reached my chest, but I was determined to fish this hole, so I continued towards it.

Suddenly, like a blink of an eye, I slipped on a rock and went under the water. It all happened so fast and before I could even collect my thoughts I was sucking in the crisp river water trying to thrash my way back to the top. When all things began to dim and the loud sounds of the river began to quite, I thought my life was over. When at that very moment, I felt as though someone was pushing me upward, until I broke the surface and felt once again the warm sun touch my face. I was 15 min down the river from where I slipped, and still alive.

Someone was watching me that day and at the specific time I had a divine intervention in my life. “This I believe” was my lord helping me out that day. I know now more than ever that I need to be close to him in everything I do for his presence in my life, has literally saved my life. The lord loves me and watches over me at all times, “This I believe”, this, I know.