Creativity Never Ceases To Amaze

Ian - San Jose, California

Creativity is a very powerful gift. It requires intelligence, ingenuity, and imagination. Creativity can open doors to a better future and has made the present better than the past. I believe creativity is the most important human quality.

For as long as I can remember I have loved solving problems and learning new things that interest me. That’s why, every time I come across something I don’t understand or haven’t done yet, I hunker down and do everything I can to accomplish that task. My creativity helps me solve things and find new ways of doing that thing

My aspiration for creative space is what led me to loving swimming so much. It is such a technical sport that allows me to keep my brain occupied at all times. In swimming you are always trying to shave off those extra hundredths, and when you’re not focusing on your stroke you have the freedom to think of anything at all. Creativity has played a huge role in my swimming career; I am always trying new things with my stroke to make myself faster. Coming up with little things like pushing off the wall at a different angle makes a big difference.

Another passion of mine which revolves around technicalities and creativity is automotive design. One of my goals in life is to own my own car company. Cars are my favorite and most passionate hobby per se. I love to get my hands dirty, figure out how things work, and try to find a way to make that “product” better. For example I learned many years ago how an engine worked, and ever since this “Global Warming” conspiracy has surfaced I have been trying to devise a new form of transportation one that doesn’t require any type of fuel. So far I have I have three theories all of which involve magnets, but I obviously don’t have the proper funding to test them so I doubt ill find out if any of them work any time soon.

The actual design portion of my future car company requires a lot of creativity. Being able to transfer thoughts to paper, and adding certain gimmicks if you will, that’ll help your product sell is quite difficult. Even so, every once in a while it comes really easily to me. The creativity I have shown has gotten me recognized by the Corvette branch at Chevy. I drew my rendition of the Corvette from the front and sent it to GM. Two days later I received an email in reply to my original. It was from Doug Fehan, he said the subtle differences really complimented the car and made it look more “Bad Ass”. I sent him a reply saying thank you and that he can use it if he wants to. So I’m waiting for a reply on that one.

Creativity has been used more times than anyone can count over the course of her history. It has won the hearts of millions by creating new forms of entertainment, it has won wars in order to secure our god given unalienable rights, it made electricity, door knobs, and even the toilet: the list goes on and on forever, and it will never stop growing. Creativity makes all of our lives better than what it would be with out it. It is crucial that that everyone remembers that creativity is individuality, so we all must be ourselves or the world wont be as interesting or beautiful in any way. I believe creativity shapes our perception of the world, it adds a spice to life, and without it we would have been extinct long ago.