I Stand Alone

Arlen - San Jose, California

I believe that you can only rely on yourself. I believe that people are selfish. I believe that each move we make, they do for themselves. Wheather its to help mom with the laundry, so you can be on her good side, or go to work on time so that you don’t get fired. All these things are selfish. People think about their things, their problems, their life. So how do you know they’ll be there for you? People say they will, but actions speak louder than words.

I have learned through many experiences, small or big, that in life that other people will let you down. One time, I remember, as if it was yesterday. I was in elementary school, and my mom always had someone take me to my soccer practice. But this time, she didn’t. This meant that i had to go with her, since she had already made a hair appointment. This way I’d get a ride after. Thirty minutes go by into practice and still at the salon. At this point I just decided to walk their. Before I left, my mom had promised that when she was done, she’d come and pick me up. Well, never saw her there. My coach didn’t want to wait any longer for my mom, she he had just took me home. When I had came mom, i was informed that my mom had gone to her friends house. She had let me down, twice, my own mother. The one that’s suppose to be there for you no matter what, right? Well, that didn’t happen here. She had just done what she wanted, and wasn’t exactly concerned about me.

People letting you down, is something that happens all the time. And we really shouldn’t depend on others to help us, cause we truely don’t know if they will or not. So to eliminate this factor, of letting me down, I only rely on myself. This way, if something I want doesn’t happen, I can only blame myself, and not someone else. If I want something done, i can always rely on myself. I won’t depend on people for favors. People today are way to busy, to even think about your favors. People today don’t ever really stop to enjoy the sky, relax at a park, let alone think about other people. There are multiple reasons, to let you down. I believe that you stand alone. I believe that you should be strong. I believe that you should be reliable for yourself, your needs. I believe that people are there to let you down, so you learn that if you want something that you, yourself can reach out and get it. I believe that the best way to do something it doing it yourself.