My Child

Aaron - 1505 S. 123rd Dr., Arizona
Themes: parenthood

Remember when you were young and you showed no sympathy towards your parents and the crap they had to put up with as you grew? I remember. My mom and dad would always make comments about how difficult it was to raise kids. Especially ones as disobedient as my other siblings and I. But when the time came for me to have a child of my own, I was curious as to how difficult it really is to raise a child.

In October of 2005, my wife gave birth to a beautiful little boy named Kaden Lee. Watching my son be born was the single most amazing and emotional time of my life. I was so excited to be a dad and raise my son to be just like me. However, I forgot about my father’s counsel and warnings about how difficult raising a child can be.

I quickly realized how much time a son can steal from ones regular routine. And the older they get, the more time they seem to require. Now it is all coming back to me. My parents were right. Raising a child is hard work and requires lots of patience and time. However, it seems it is time well spent and being patient, in my opinion, is a requirement when raising any child. Let patiences develop and become an everyday part of parenting. My patience is tested daily and everytime it is tested, I become a better man, son, father and teacher to my child. I hope my kids see my patience and learn to practice it in their lives. Being a patient parent is being the best parent and this I believe.