Faith

Elan - turlock, California

Faith

I believe that God created the earth in six days, and rested on the seventh just as he has told us in the Bible. It is difficult for me to understand why so many people will strive to give credit for the creation of this world to anything but a higher being. They try to say that we are on this earth only because of a natural phenomenon and nothing more than that. People are afraid to have faith in God in this day and age because it may seem too crazy to be true. That is where faith comes into play. Faith is belief that is not based on proof. In society we are so surrounded and influenced by media, technology, politics, and world affairs that we subconsciously feel that mankind is no longer dependant on the God that brought us to this earth in the first place. It is human nature to do so. The problem with this is that even though the atrophy of society is quite obvious and imminent, the sinful human nature is creating an obstacle that cannot be diminished by any force that man has devised. That is why the world is full of hate and greed. The worse it gets, the more we try to fix it, when the simplest solution is to trust God with all that we have and allow him to resolve what needs to be resolved. There is God in heaven that is watching over us all the time. Everything that happens is part of his perfect plan for our lives even if we are unable to understand it. Our purpose for being on this earth in the first place is to live by the rules that he has set for us, to glorify him, and to be a ministry to the ones around us who have not yet experienced what it is like to live a life for such a merciful and mighty Father. God has created a place for those who have trusted him with their lives to go, and to do this, one must accept Jesus as their personal savior. In the book of John, Jesus says, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” This I believe.