Mollie - Rexburg, Idaho

I believe in education. Although the importance of education has always been stressed throughout my life, I haven’t appreciated the value of it. I was homeschooled through out high school; therefore I didn’t think it was necessary to take my education seriously. I detested it. I was a good student, I got good grades, but I didn’t apply myself as much as I could’ve. I’ve taken my education for granted. As I’ve continued to grow older, I’ve come to see the benefits and blessings of being educated.

Why am I educated? I’ve found that I continually ask myself this. I’ve slowly come to the realization that I believe that one of the sole purposes of life is to learn. Because of my situation, I purposely graduated from high school early, I felt as if I had learned everything I needed to learn, and I was ready to move on with life. “Moving on with life” wouldn’t be the correct statement. After high school I had numerous work opportunities. Working for a lasik surgeon, I moved my way up through the marketing department into an administrative position. I was tempted to quit school, and continue to work. While working in this capacity I realized that the management and co-workers had more to offer. They had an education, a degree, they met qualifications. If I continued to work, without the education, I would be stunting my growth and not living up to my full potential. Not only do I want to have a career in my life, but I want to be educated, I want more to offer then just work experience. I want to feel accomplished and productive.

Needless to say, I’m in school. I’ve now found that my “pre-college” education was just a foundation, the very beginning of my education. I’m glad that I’ve decided to change my outlook. I now want to continue to learn, to be productive, successful, and to reach my full potential. I never want to take my education for granted ever again. I believe in education.