soccer helps

Logan - Johnstown, Colorado
Themes: sports

My name is Logan D. I am 11 years old. I believe soccer can be used in everyday life. Soccer teaches you life skills you will need through your whole life because it has many helpful and useful rewards.

How many of you have ever tried out for a sport? You need to practice, don’t you? Soccer teaches you how to train. Not only for soccer but for everything. Say you have a big test coming or a big project at work. Soccer teaches you the skills you need to prepare and study for your test or project. I believe a person who trains will do better than someone who doesn’t on the same thing.

Soccer is an excellent way to get your mind off something. If you have a problem, soccer helps you forgive and forget.

Soccer has helped me in so many ways. Like one day I was feeling down in the dumps. I went to practice and in the first five minuets I was at my best. I was sick one time and I had a soccer game. I love my games and hate to miss them. So I went just to cheer on my team. We had taken my uniform just in case I had suddenly made a recovery. Before the end of the first quarter I was begging my mom and coach to let me play. Finally my coach put me in. I stayed in the rest of the game. Even though we lost we gave the first place team a good run for their money. That just goes to show you how soccer can help you.

Soccer gives you a sense of accomplishment. I know some people who can’t stand having nothing to do. Soccer gives you something to do and you never stop learning new moves.

Another reason is that soccer helps you to realize you can learn from your mistakes. No one is perfect. Soccer helps you use your mistakes to a positive outcome. It takes time to learn some stuff in life. Not just soccer but everything. Soccer puts some people in a state of mind where they can concentrate on anything. Say you have another big test. Soccer can help clear your mind so you can study.

Soccer has helped a lot of people. It has helped me as you read in my story. No matter how you feel soccer is a universal cure for sickness to me. And if you have tried everything to make yourself feel better, what do you have to lose? Give it a go. Maybe just maybe it will work.