Transforming the Present

Jessica - Lake Mills, Wisconsin

I believe in innovators. I believe in those that create positive change and advance the current state of the world. Some innovators have improved the quality of life – where would we be without electricity, transportation, or refrigeration? Innovators are visionaries. They can imagine change in the face of obstacles and ridicule. Innovators are builders. They take a pile of current knowledge and transform it into something new and unique. Innovators create hope. They reassure us that change is possible and that the present is only temporary.

Innovators come from every walk of life and every field of knowledge. They possess qualities that allow them to transform the present – optimism, enthusiasm, an open mind, a strong work ethic, and a belief that anything is possible. Albert Einstein once said, “Imagination is more important than knowledge.” Innovators have the largest of imaginations. They have the ability to see beyond the current trappings of the world. They look for solutions even when the solution seems impossible. Innovators are not happy accepting ‘what is.’ They instead are intent on exploring what ‘could be.’