Protecting Friends

Christopher - Johnstown, Colorado

Protecting Friends

By:Chris J

My name is Chris J, I am 11 years old and a sixth grader at Milliken Middle school. I believe that your friends should always be there by your side to protect you. The story that I will include will show you what friends should do when you get hurt badly.

When I was eight in my home state of Connecticut I had an incident of when I was running on asphalt I was tripped and usually I would just get back up but I was in agonizing pain and I couldn’t. My eyes filled with tears of hatred and pain. Of course it was the start of recess and my friends were in a higher grade at the time so they were let out five minutes later. I sat there helplessly on the ground because I was in too much pain to walk to a teacher. Five minutes later my friends got out and saw that I was in unbearable pain. They ran to tell a teacher, the teacher came over and sent me to the nurse where I could be treated properly. Thanks to my friends the next day I could walk properly without limping. And that was all because of my friends.

The main point that I am trying to say is that friends should be your protectors and should always be there for you when you are depressed or hurt. Also when you need to talk to someone your friends should always be there for you to talk to..

My second belief that I did not mention in the story is that I have seen more incidents where the injured kids have to talk themselves here than in my home state. These incidents include injuries, sprains, and once even a broken leg. So what I am trying to say is there are more people that are injured and that need to run that long errand themselves. That long errand would be to tell a supervisor.

In my story I say that I was in agonizing pain and my friends where there to help me so I could get the treatment I needed. I believe that friends should always be there for you to rely on. They should be there to make life easier on you if you are hurt, emotionally hurt, or depressed. They should always be there so you have someone to talk to and to get that elephant off your chest.

To wrap this story all up T will say that friends are as close to family as any people will ever get (besides your own family).That is why we have them, so they can be there for us if we have something or someone troubling us. They can be there for you to talk to, protect us, make life easier on us, and help you succeed in life. I believe this so that when I am at school I feel protected, and at home I can feel like I will be protected tomorrow. This I believe.