I Believe in Integrity

Madison - Johnstown, Colorado
Themes: integrity

I Believe In Integrity

By: Madison B

I believe that integrity counts, and the reward you get out of it will not always be from others, but from yourself, to yourself, and it gives you a feeling of good in your heart and gut.

Integrity is a big thing, and most people don’t know it. Most people want others to know when they make a fair decision, meaning when they tell others about something kind they did when no one was watching, or no one was around, they tell about it with a reward, or praise from others, in mind. People don’t usually think about what integrity can do for you and others, and what it can do is so great. It just makes life a whole lot easier.

There are times in life where you need to do the right thing. For our world to be a better one there needs to be good choices made. I’ve likes to always think that people don’t only like you for all the good they know you have done, but for all the good that they don’t know you’ve done also. People need to get to know integrity so that they themselves can help our world to become a more trustworthy place.

My younger sister, Brooklyn, was going through her stuff and found she didn’t want a small box with stickers, magnets, utensils, etc. and she gave it to me. I took it to my room, checked it all out, and under one of the drawers, I found a hidden $5 bill!!! I didn’t think twice about taking it, for in a way, I deserved it, but being an 8-year old, I pretty much thought I deserved anything and everything I didn’t have. So life went on with an extra $5s spent and a little bit of guilt nagging me at the back of my head. Finally, when, I had gotten a good amount of money, I confessed to her and gave her her $5 back. So don’t make the mistake I did and have integrity. But when you show an act of integrity, you’ll feel good about yourself. I speak from experience!

If we are all honest and have integrity, our world could be a much safer place that people will be proud to live in, if we have the help of every willing person on this earth. This I believe.