Samantha - Miilliken, Colorado

I believe in family.

As some people don’t have families, I do. I believe that every person should have somewhere to go after school, or come home to wonderful people greeting them.

Currently I am 12 years old and in 6th grade. Everyday after school, I walk home. I am home alone and sometimes hate it. The only person (if you can call her that) is my dog Maxie. No matter what she will jump on you or lick you too death! It is sometimes very gross but funny. I can always look forward to my best friend my daddy coming home.

As families are never perfect, I believe that everyone should be grateful of what they have. Every person or every sibling/adult will fight with someone they love. I also remember of my older sister and father fighting and me and my mother always say that they are too much alike! Children without a family also don’t get the privilege of fighting over something so stupid. As all girls know, we are boy crazy… so my father and I are fighting about boys now. So no matter how much you say you hate your life, or I hate you just think of the children that don’t have that pleasure in their life. Some people also say they hate embarrassing parents but also think of the children who have no one to be embarrassed by.

Families are also important for getting through things. Deaths and losses are very sad and emotional times as you never want to be alone again. When people say, “Leave me alone. I am fine,” they are generally wanting you to be there when they need you the most.

As you know from experiences, you know that children love to play sports. When you play your first game whether it is your first soccer game or your first football game it helps if your parents and other family members to be there at the field cheering you on, patting your back after the game is done even if you lost. Riding home in the car is also a part of families. It may not seem like it, but it is. Your father telling you how you can improve but what you also did amazing. It was all apart of families.

This is why I believe families are very important. I would never change or exchange my family for anything. I hope every child one day will have a home.