Jordan Believes…

Jordan - Berwick, Maine

Its one thing to understand a book, or a math equation, or how to play a game; that’s something you learn, but how about understanding a person? Its tough, and takes time, but a person can be understood as long as someone is willing to understand. There is no way around it. You have to understand a person to like them, care for them, and to love them. My friend Troy was the one to bring this belief upon me. He taught me that it is okay to let someone in, and its okay to get to know someone. To understand someone is something you have to feel. So many things go unknown for people who aren’t understood. The people in life that take the time to understand you. They know what you want to be when you grow up, to how you like you coffee in the morning; one lump or two. They take that step to make the bond between you two stronger, and make the feelings bolder. Troy was the one who cared what size shoe I took, he cared what kind of ice cream I like, and he made me feel like I was the only one. He was sure to understand me; and everything about me. And for him, it was all in a simple routine that he did everyday; because he’s amazing, and tried to understand me.

For people who don’t have ton of friend, or don’t sit at the jock table in there high school cafeteria, they don’t know what it is like to be anything different. They don’t have friends to understand there life, to understand what they believe in, or to agree with what they say. People who don’t take the time to understand another person, probably don’t have a ton of friends, because that reason. They don’t know how to except someone, and the way they are. When one person needs to be understood, they have reasons on why they need that. Its comforting. My friend and I, have hard time understanding each other, which causes fights, rather offen; over nothing at that. Noelle and I can never seem I resolve our issues and I don’t know if we ever will. They end with tears and sorries, but the problem is never decided. See, but if we understood each other., things like that wouldn’t happen. We would know that it was part of the person. My other friend Kait, me and her are sooo tight, because we get each other and we know what the other is thinking and we get the how each other feels. We don’t push each other because we understand when the other has had enough. Or when we have been pushed to our limits. I couldn’t ask for better friends because I know I’m not easily understood, and for so many people to take time to figure out what I am, makes me who I am. There is no real way to tell if you are understood, or understand. Besides what you feel when you are with the person. Someone who is understood. If comfortable, and feels alive. When someone doesn’t feel that way, they are missing out. They need to meet the person who will jump, leap to the side were things don’t go mistaken. There isn’t just one person who understands. There can be a bunch. People believe and understand different things, but it doesn’t take years of schooling, or a high education to understand a person. You have to just, take it all in. You can’t judge anyone, and need to plan for the future. You can’t really prepare for this kind of stuff, it just happens. But you also have to have some sort of the same feelings, though anyone can be understood by anyone. Another story with Troy, we were outside looking at the stars at my aunts house, and we were arguing about which dipper was the bigger one. I knew when we were fighting, that I was wrong, but once I started with something, its part of me to stick to it. But Troy didn’t get mad at me because I didn’t agree with him, or because I insisted that I was right, because he knew that that was part of who I was, and that I liked to be right. I don’t know what I would do if the people around me didn’t understand who I was. I, along with everyone else, needs to be understood.