this i believe

janelle - austin, Texas

This I Believe Janelle V

I believe in many different things from family and friends, to loyalty. All these aspects

are important but the most important idea to me is that everyone can achieve what they

want, if they put some effort in to it.

Many people don’t realize how the things and changes they do can affect their life.

Whenever you have the chance to make a good change, and do what you want to do with

your life, then do it. Don’t ever think that you can’t do something. Everyone has the

chance to, but some people don’t believe they can do it and don’t even try. Always think

about the future and just forget about the past. When the opportunity comes, take

advantage of it and make a change to improve your life. Think about what you want to

do, and the decisions you are going to make. Sometimes their can be some bad

consequences for your actions. Don’t let people put you down, and tell you what to do.

Ask questions or advice when you need help or want information.

I have been through this kind of situation many times. I was going to start junior high,

and I was going to be in the band. I though I wasn’t going to be able to play my

instrument. When I first attempted to play I had difficulty playing the instrument. I had

doubts and thought about giving up at times, but many of the people around me would

tell me to try harder. My teacher and my mom believed that I could get better. They were

the reason why I didn’t give up. After all the hard work, I got better and better. I was first

chair in my group. We would have chair test every week, and we would practice for our

concerts. From all the hard work we would go on field trips. It was fun , and worth

working hard.

Another time when this occurred was when I was turning fifteen, and my parents

decided to make a big party to celebrate. There was many things we had to do and very

little time. Me and my court of honor had to practice for a dance we were going to

perform that day. Me and my brother were getting frustrated because our part wouldn’t

come out right. My mom was the one always there to cheer us up. I had too much stress,

because I worried about how everything was going to come out. All I wanted was to have

fun at my party and see that everything looked good. It was going to be a very special day

in my life. Practice after practice, the day came and we were all nervous. At the end

everything ended up perfect, and I knew I had done my best.

I believe in myself, and that everything you work for is going to be there when you

realize what you are going to do with your life. Many people choose their parents dream

over what they want to do. But everything you do should be up to you. This I believe.