Do you Believe in Music?

Kamitra - Austin, Texas

When I hear the sound of a song playing on the radio, I crank it up and just start jamming. I don’t care who is around or who is watching. If I like the song I download it as soon as I can and put it on repeat. I‘ll sing songs all day and get them stuck in other heads around me. Music makes the world go around. Well mine at least. Music makes me want to get up on a table and just start dancing. I like music because of the constant beat the song has. You can clap, snap or tap to the beat. A song is like a poem. The chorus is mainly the most known and liked part.

Music can be for anyone and everyone. If you say you don’t like one type of music, you probably do because artist use a lot of different types to get listeners attention. It doesn’t matter what mood you’re in. There are depressing, love, exciting, and dance songs. There are even funny songs if you’re in a bad mood. Doesn’t matter what you like. There is rock, pop, hip-hop, rap, R&B, blues, country, alternative, reggae etc. The list is forever going.

Music describes who you are. You can almost tell who someone is by what they listen to. Some people might not like to talk or say what is on their mind, but music allows them to express themselves. The fact that music allows you to express yourself is even more reason to love it. If you don’t like music at all you are missing out on the world.

Music to me is also my news. The first couple of times I hear a song I don’t really analyze the lyrics. I don’t really pay attention to the news but when I hear a song I realize what the world has come to. Some songs talk about how they might have lost a family member or loved one, others might talk about how they dropped out of school or how their life sucks. Different songs tell you a story and inspire you to want to change the world or your life. There might be parents or people against some types of music because of the lyrics, but lyrics are just being real. Lyrics are just an easy way of telling the news. If you don’t like your kids listening to it do you really think letting them watch the news is any better?

Music just makes my day. I love the different beats and melodies that get stuck in my head. I’m glad I have an Ipod to listen to my music whenever I want; except for at school that is. However, one day I think Ipods are going to be very useful in school. Music helps me relax and calm myself. If I really don’t want to be bothered I just stick in my headphones and crank up the volume. So in other words I guess you can just say “I believe in music!”