I Believe in a New Start

Cindy - Austin, Texas

Cindy H

1st period

I Believe In A New Start

What do I believe in? I believe in a new start in my life. I believe that with a new start I can forget a bad pass. Sometimes the best way to forget bad moments and memories is to never see the place and the people that were the background. I believe that I can forget the violence and humiliations I went through two years ago. And even though is hard to forget I believe I can do it.

I use to believe that when you go through a humiliation at first you be the jock for everyone but then everyone forgets it and they move on to their lives. But is not true they may not laugh in front of you but the sure do remember.

And lets not forget going home and fight with dad. I argued with him for the most stupid thing. Sometime the fight would go to the extreme and someone end up crying and with a red cheek. And of course the loser that ended like that was me. The worst part the rest of the family would get involved and it would get worst.

That is a little summery of my life.

But then things change. I move to a different neighborhood and a different district. Instead of going to Lanier High School I go to John B. Connally High School. Instead of living in N. Lamar with my dad, I live in IH 35 without my dad. And even though this is not big changes I believe that this is all I need to have peace at home and make new friends. Although it is really hard since my self steam, courage and trust are in the trash. But I believe I can make it happened. I believe that the self steam, courage and trust that I lost can be found and restore.

At the beginning of the change things looked bad. I was not doing well in my classes and I even failed three classes from the 1st semester. I couldn’t get use to the school bus, the school, the people or the courses. It seemed like their was no good reason to want the change. And when my dad came to visit we would still fight. Things were not working out and I ended up having a depression in which no one was able to do nothing but to let me be in my room with out talking to any body.

But then I realized that if I believe in a new start in life and that moving was a good idea I had to let it happened. I started by working with my teachers to improve my grades. I have been focus on school and nothing else. And the best is that now I can go home and relax with out any fights. When my mom gets home from work we can sit the four of us for dinner. Now that is just my mom, my sisters and me we are happy. My dad goes to visit some times but we don’t fight. It turns out that my believe was true.

I BELIEVE IN A NEW START IN LIFE. I BELIEVE IN CHANGE.