Katherine - St. Simons Island, Georgia
Themes: pleasure

I believe in ice cream. It is almost the best thing that has ever been created, besides me. If ice cream had not been created, I don’t think I will be able to live. My top three flavors of ice cream are…well there are so many that I can not pick just three. Ice cream plays a very important role in my life.

There are many things that I can do to ice cream. There is a never ending list of toppings that I can put on top: chocolate, caramel, marshmallow, butterscotch, sprinkles, Oreos, nuts, gummy worms, and so many more that if I listed them all the readers might fall asleep. There are different types of ice cream: regular, soft serve, ice cream on a stick, and then, the “ice cream of the future”, dippin’ dots. There is Italian ice cream called gelato, which is not for me because it has twice the amount of sugar than regular ice cream. There are cones: cake, sugar, and waffle. There are also many different brands of ice cream: Breyers, Ben & Jerry’s, Edy’s, and then there is the nasty store brand. No offence, but if anybody buys that kind of ice cream, they are just weird. There are many stores that sell just ice cream. There is Baskin Robins that has the regular ice cream with toppings, and then there is Cold Stone Creamery where they mix the toppings into the ice cream. I can even put ice cream in a cake. There are so many ways that I can have my ice cream that it would take me practically my whole life to decide how to eat it.

Every night I have a huge bowl of ice cream. If I do not have my ice cream, I do not think I would be able to survive through the night. Every Friday at lunch, I have a strawberry shortcake ice cream bar. When I was in middle school, I would have 2 small cups of ice cream every day. Then, when my mom got the bill at the end of the month, she got mad because I was spending so much money on ice cream. She made me cut back, and I almost died. Even if I have no where to get ice cream I can always make it at my house with an ice cream maker. One of the craziest times I have ever had with ice cream is when my cousins dared me to eat a bowl of ice cream, a huge piece of cake, and a coke…and I did it. Let me just say, that day was a very interesting day.

If ice cream had never been created, my life would not be as interesting as it is now. When I was little, I always wanted to be an ice cream flavor taster. Who knows, maybe someday I will still be able to become one of those. Ice cream is the best thing ever.