God is the Energy

Bob - Davenport, IA, Iowa

GOD IS THE ENERGY

I realize God is the energy that created all things. Our lives and environment change constantly. We are moving forward or sliding back. I have found this to be true in all relationships, especially marriage. I decide each morning what special thing I can do today to please my spouse. This practice matured the love we felt for each other keeping our marriage interesting for over 60 years.

My wife and six children supported a move 150 miles away. We regretted some friends left behind, grieved, but these friendships were not lost. The move allowed us unlimited opportunities to develop new lifetime relationships.

Professionally trained as a Pharmacist, after two years of Naval Service, I was employed for 38 years in pharmaceutical marketing requiring diligent continuing education to remain current. I observed practical applications from each interaction with thousands of physicians and other health professionals in many disease areas. I became especially interested in the treatment of Diabetes, and remained a student of self-image psychology and physiology.

Feeling retirement is best served by commencing to do something worthwhile for others, I intended to offer a consultation service to individuals diagnosed with Type II Diabetes. It was widely recognized by 1984, that attaining and maintaining appropriate weight was key to controlling blood sugar in this type Diabetes. Physicians and dieticians were disappointed by limited patient success. Continued weight gain was the norm….

I commenced by spending nine months seeking a process that may change the way patients look at food and exercise. On the second Sunday of Easter, I experienced an insight from Romans 12:2. After Mass, all three people I had in mind to share a trial program agreed to meet that week.

When twelve people showed up, I was inspired to begin a Wellness Ministry, available to anyone without charge. This was a spiritually based, proven program yet, we had only limited success. We had to do better, I was guided to the needed change. A then new concept in psychology, where participants learned the three basic principles Thought, Mind and Consciousness. They are inspired to experience the principles in their daily lives and begin to understand how to bring about change in their own behavior. The presenter is a facilitatator.

Achieving understanding, changed my life. During the following 20 years, a continually revised Renewal of Mind Process emerged. Informed obese people already know what they should eat. The missing link was understanding the root of their present behavior. This self-understanding motivates them to embrace necessary behavioral change and to find an exercise program they enjoy, and will continue indefinitely. Individuals with other compulsive behavior problems or stress related medical symptoms have equally benefited.

All previous life experiences have prepared me for the resulting vocation. I feel this is why God created me. Perhaps explaining why I have been allowed to survive exceptionally well for 86 years, sustaining adequate mental faculties and enthusiasm to be effective. I have been acknowledged as an innovator. I believe I have become a facilitator seeking daily to effect positive change.