I believe…

Kristie - Seguin, Texas
Themes: birth

I Believe…

When you hear the word “abortion” what is the first thought that comes to mind? Many of us try to avoid the question completely. Just the thought of the horrifying reality brings shivers. Terminate, torn apart, aborticide, and vacuumed out of the mother are other words that can be used for an abortion. Having an abortion sometimes seems to be the only way out. Whether it is becoming pregnant at a young age, deformities in the baby, and rape are some reasons we sometimes turn to abortion. Is it really the right decision? I am Pro life and I believe a fetus should have a right to live no matter what the situation may be.

In middle and high school there were many young girls who became pregnant. The fear of having their parents find out was the worse thing that could happen to them. I am sure their parents may not have approved of being pregnant and some may have even been ashamed because their perfect child they have bragged to all their friends has just become pregnant. We all like to stay out late with friends and just enjoy living without having the responsibility of raising a child. The baby will help us grow as a young adult and could change our lives for the better.

Having a baby should be one of the happiest moments in life. One visit to the doctor could change it all. Deformities in the baby are something we all do not want to have for our child. Some parents do not want to see their child struggle and think abortion is the only way to prevent the child from having a hard life. To know that the child you are carrying and love so much, has a hard life ahead. I can’t imagine what a mother goes through when making such a difficult decision. This one reason in particular, tends to make us question ourselves on how we really feel about abortion. “Do I really want my child have a tough life?” This is where your belief helps you decide on what decision to make.

According to the New York Times, a survey was done in 1987, out of the nineteen hundred women waiting to have an abortion, only 1% was due to rape or incest. Hearing rape stories and seeing what the victim has gone through is hard to imagine when you yourself have not experienced it. Becoming pregnant because of it must feel even worse. To some, the child that is being carried is a constant reminder of the tragedy. Why abort the child and forbid it from having life? I believe the child should live and be given to a couple that is having difficulty conceiving, the child will be loved and will be granted the most amazing gift, life.

Reviewing these situations, I do not see how abortion can even be an option. A child is a wonderful gift and no matter how the child was conceived, deformities it may have, and how strongly the word responsibility may sound, there are other alternatives that can be chosen. I can hope that it is to let their baby have life. Not all abortions are promising. There have been many that have survived the termination and live a healthy life. I am Pro life and I believe abortion is wrong. “Life is too precious to simply throw away and any baby would have chosen life.” (Said by survivor)