I believe friends come in all shapes and sizes

Madison - St. Simons Island, Georgia

When I was 6 years old my family and I went to the house of a friend of ours to get a new puppy, because their dog had just had puppies. When we got there all of the dogs jumped on me and tried to untie my shoes I liked all of them, but my favorite was a bigger one with two brown dots above each of his eyes. This dog always seemed to follow me around. Though my brother and I had the same idea it took a lot of convincing to get our mom to go home with our favorite puppy, but eventually we did go home with him. On the ride back home we named our new half Rottweiler half lab black with brown spots puppy Mac. The whole family fell in love with Mac almost immediately and we often argued about who his favorite was. We taught him several tricks over the years. He could fish in the water like a bear and he could skateboard. We taught him to sit, shake, and catch food in his mouth.

Ever since the day we got Mac he has been my best friend. He’s always in a good mood and eager to play, and he always puts you in a good mood. Many people were frightened by him when he grew up simply because he was so big and he looks more like a Rottweiler than a Lab, and Rottweilers have a reputation for being mean, but he is one of the nicest dogs you’ll ever meet. Sadly Mac has now gotten older and he cannot play like he used to. He still tries to skateboard and fish, but he hasn’t caught a fish by himself in years. Even thought Mac is getting older he is still my best friend and can play even though he has arthritis in his hip. Mac will always be my best friend.

I believe that friends can come in all shapes and sizes, because my best friend of 10 years now is a dog. Not only a dog, but a very large half Rottweiler half Lab of which many people are afraid. He’s been there for almost all I can remember of my life and has always been the greatest pet for which any one could ask.