The Power of Jeans

Meredith - St. Simons Island, Georgia

“You can dress ‘em up or dress ‘em down.” Jeans are one of the most versatile fashion items worn by people of all ages around the world. I believe jeans are an essential part of every person’s wardrobe especially women. About 450 million pairs of jeans are purchased every year, and can be found in almost everyone‘s closet. I believe jeans can affect the way one feels, the way one looks, and the way one expresses herself.

I believe that jeans can completely change the way one feels. Jeans offer great comfort, whether I am at school, work, or just relaxing at home. On any occasion, I can reach for my jeans. They are always there for me and are sure to put me at ease! Whether it’s a fancy event or a low key lunch, I believe jeans fit any occasion. This amazing denim pant goes with anything and makes me feel like an all star. Diets are no fun of course, but the motivation to make me stick with it is the “skinny” pair of jeans I like to slip in to. When I manage to slide into the legs and waist and pull that zipper up, I am totally confident in the way I look.

I believe there are many styles of jeans and choosing just the right pair for a certain look can be quite a job. Jean styles are categorized by the rise or waist, the thigh and the leg. The rise of the jean can be classified as low, regular, or high rise. This tells where the top of the jean will sit on your body. The thigh of the jean is an important part of the design. It tells whether the jean will be tight, wide, or standard fitting. The legs of the jean can be straight, tapered, boot-fitted, or flared. The straight design means the thigh will be as wide as the bottom leg. A tapered style will become tighter towards the bottom of the leg. Flared means the leg is wider at the bottom and “flares” out. As one can imagine, finding the perfect fit in a jean can be difficult. Once you have found the right combination for yourself, the jeans will do the rest. Who doesn’t enjoy the feel of the perfect fitting jean?

Most people own several pair of jeans. I believe the looks of different jeans make a statement about you and your personality. Designers of jeans hope that their product will be considered the hottest and latest craze, and many watch as the labels walk by to see who is wearing what. I believe the younger generation is much more in tune to the fads in jeans, but even many adults try to make statements with their jean selection. The days when I feel down or the days that I am happy, I believe jeans can save the day. Expressing myself with many varieties of jeans is an easy task. Whether I am feeling hip and stylish or if I am feeling down, I believe jeans can help the day get a little better.