My Way of Life

Nicholas - Bettendorf, Iowa

My Way of Life

Treat others the way you want to be treated. This is very true because if you are nice to somebody and help them they will treat you the same way. You should always be nice to others, no matter what the circumstances.

Use good judgment. If you don’t think that an idea is a smart decision, do not do it. Maybe your friends will be mad and say you’re a party pooper, but as long as you know you did the right thing you shouldn’t care what they say. If your friends aren’t doing the right thing it is your job as their friend to tell them that it is not a good idea. Your friend will thank you later.

Respect your elders. You should respect your elders because they know what is right for you, and they care about you. They are much wiser and they know what the “outside world” is like. It may seem strict, but they are trying to help you.

Make something out of your day. Would you rather be sitting at home on the couch all day watching commercials on television, or would you rather be having an exciting day with your friends? Don’t make the lazy choice and sit at home; go have fun with your buddies. Spend the day being wild and crazy within limits. It is much more fun!

Be open minded. Listen to your friends and family and don’t just say “no” if they ask you to do something. Take 30 seconds to think about it. If you truly don’t want to do anything with them it’s okay. But those 30 seconds could end up making your day a magnificently spectacular one.

Pray for the sick, the needy, and the soldiers. Spend a fraction of your day praying for others. If people knew you prayed for them they would greatly appreciate it. When you put yourself in their shoes they would want you to think about them. You should also pray for the soldiers’ families because their hearts are probably very heavy. They are fighting for our country, so we should take some time thinking about them.

Try your best in school. School can make the difference between a successful job, or a job that is not so successful. Do your best throughout your school career and gain knowledge. Respect your teachers and be a good student. The class clowns will figure out sooner or later that to get far in life you need to have knowledge.

Keep a smile on your face. Nobody wants to be around people who are always down in the dumps. When you frown it makes the others around you sad. Put on a big, bright smile on and be a happy person. Life is easier if you take what’s given to you with a smile!

Nick Adam