Making Mistakes

Ricardo - Phoenix, Arizona

John Wooden once said, “If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not doing anything. I’m positive that a doer makes mistakes”. I read this quote in class and I like it so much that I decided to write about it and this is what I believe. I believe that if you’re not making mistakes then you’re not doing anything because everybody makes mistakes. When you try new things sometimes you may fail, but you don’t have to give up. You have to know that everybody makes mistakes and you have to know how to fix the problems and learn from your errors.

I play football and it is hard not to make mistakes but you make them and that’s part of life. I play for a team and we practice hard because we don’t like to lose. As much as we practice we still make lots of mistakes and we feel bad. When you are playing sports you make mistakes and maybe one mistake could determine the outcome of the game. When I make a mistake in a game I feel bad because I practice hard not to make that mistake but I still make it. I have to figure out how to fix it in the next play so I could help the team win the game.

The problem is that you can’t feel bad for one mistake you have to know how to deal with it and move on. Life is like a game and you are going to make mistakes no matter what and like they say nobody is perfect. That is why you have to keep trying and try to keep fixing the mistakes you make. A man shouldn’t put his head down because he’s new at a job and he make’s a mistake. Some people can’t get over a mistake they made. They are always scared to try it again. Those people need to get over it because they need to move on so they can try new things. Making mistakes is easy but knowing how to fix them is hard. Sometimes you can’t fix the problem. Life is all about making mistakes if you think about it everyone makes mistakes.