I believe in Never Giving Up No Matter What

Lisa - Jurmala, Latvia
Themes: setbacks

Lisa G

Grade 10

English

Have you ever lost someone you love and felt like your life too ended right there on the spot?

Have you ever had to live someplace with someone you don’t want to live with,but still had no choice?

Have you ever felt like you wanted to give up on life?

I have. But I believe in never giving up no matter what.

My life hasn’t exactly been like most kid’s lives should be. I grew up with my dad gone all the time. My mom died of cancer when I was seven. I had to move to a foster home. I’ve had to move to many places againts my will and I currently live in a country I don’t want to live in with a stepmom that I hate. Therse are just some of the issues. Of course I’m sad that these things have happened,but I am still glad they did because they made me who I am today. Someone that doesn’t give up no matter what.

It all started on the 27th December, 1988. My dad,my twin sisters and I were supposed to go see a movie that night,but my dad decided that we should’nt go because my mom could die anytime, so we stayed home. I remember being really sad about jnot going to the movies because I had really been looking forward to it. They next day on December 28, 1998, was the day that my entire life changed. Four days before I had celebrated my seventh birthday,but today it was my sister’s 11th birthday. Not exactly a day for celebrating

I was sleeping in my parent’s bed by myself. I was woken up by mom mom’s cousin. I don’t remembner exactly what she said to me,but I think I remember hearing “mom died.” I remember getting up from bed and running upstairs to the living room where my mom’s bed was. I remember seeing my sisters come out of their room too. During that moment I don’t remember anything, all I remember is that all of our relatives came later on and I was standing behind my grandma sitting in the chair,leaning on her shoulder and crying. Later on, we drove her to this coldhouse where she’d be lying for a few days. Before my mom died she had apparently made arrangements with her cousin that she would take care of me, so after a while we moved to their place.

From then on most things fell apart and life became harder. Everday I wish I could turn back time and bring her back,but I can’t. I know that she would want me to live on and be happy. I might not be happy, but at least I’m still living. Her death and everything that happened after that has made me believe that I can manage anything if I really want to. That’s why you should never give up,no matter what.

Word Count: 502