optimism is the path to success

leah - altamont 12009, New York

Optimism is the Path to success I believe the key to success is optimism. Think about the person you look up to, your role model and about they’re successes. Or maybe there’s someone in your family who’s been successful, think about what it took to achieve that success. In my case, my uncle owns his […]

Optimism is the Path to success

I believe the key to success is optimism. Think about the person you look up to, your role model and about they’re successes. Or maybe there’s someone in your family who’s been successful, think about what it took to achieve that success. In my case, my uncle owns his own roofing company. I don’t know every little detail one must go through to own their own company. But I do know for a fact he didn’t just wake up one day and decide to own a company. He had to go through obstacles in order to get him to where he is today. With the help of his optimistic side he was able to keep trying and work towards that goal of someday owning a business he could simply call “his”.

People don’t get very far being negative about their goals which is why they set high goals, that’s when they try their absolute hardest. Optimism is said to be the positive attitude of an individual. People tend to show the quality of optimism through strength. You set goals, you try them, and if you fail you try even harder. Optimism can be considered an example of confidence. Someone hoping to reach success will get absolutely nowhere with having a negative attitude and outlook. The people who set high goals for themselves should take a look at the big picture. To feel that oneself is truly confident in achieving whatever it is they are set up to do is key. It can be looked at this way; if you set challenging goals, chances are you will achieve more than you set yourself up to. You achieve more than you desire because of that certain trait; optimism.

Optimism can be expressed even through children. Little kids who are just learning to tie their shoes need to have optimism to succeed. Children have to think positively and overcome the obstacle of not being able to tie their own shoes. Of course kids aren’t born knowing how to tie their shoes, which is why they must learn. They learn different aspects of life in order to help themselves progress out there in the real world, to be able to achieve success on their own. I sat there and saw how my mom tied her shoe, as she sang the “Bunny Song”. The bunny song, which is usually, sang differently by each parent, helps to say the steps in tying shoes. For example you make the two looks for the bunny’s ears.

After a couple of tries I felt ready to put my knowledge to use. I tried to tie my shoes, but it just wasn’t working. Before trying to tie my shoes the first time, I wasn’t feeling incredibly confident in accomplishing this task. It was as if my mother had been asking me to walk around the whole world in just one day; it seemed impossible. The result after the first couple of tries shouldn’t be shocking. My mom suggested I should try tying my shoes another day. Day two arrived with a mission; learning to tie the shoes just like the “Bunny Song” says to do. That day I was in a happier, more positive mood. I knew what I had to do and was feeling confident I would be able to complete my mission. My nanny had just taken me shoe shopping the week before. That’s when I got the most new lace up shoes. I sang the bunny song to myself as I was attempting to tie my shoe. Then I missed one little step, I never looped the bunny’s ears together. That’s when I started over. Then I managed to successfully lace up my brand new shoes, all by myself.

If someone were to simply walk into that obstacle having the positive mindset as well as that high confidence of achievement, will really promote serious success. Of course it’s not a great guarantee that you can climb Mount Everest in one day, even though you have tons of confidence and positive emotions. It’s all about the effort you put in will affect what you achieve. I truly feel those in the real world lack the importance of optimism.

It’s not like optimism is one of those items you desire but don’t feel like spending money on, so you wait until they come on sale. Optimism is more of an option; no one says you have to walk around thinking highly about your goals and overcoming obstacles. Then again no one is demanding you can’t walk around with your head down not trying to accomplish anything, of course you may not accomplish much with that sort of outlook. The choice of walking around with their head held high with confidence, versus being negative and gloomy, it’s your choice. People don’t always succeed the first time around, that’s when their optimism drives them towards never giving up. The easiest way to discover optimism is to abandon the bad situations or memories, think of all the good outcomes and possibilities. For I am one to strongly believe, I believe optimism is the path which leads to success.