Live Life

Heather - Nipomo, California

When I was younger, I used to waste my days sitting on the couch watching television. I did not go outside much, and when I went to my friends’ houses, we would sit and watch television. We did spend time outside, but not as much as we could have or should have.

About nine years ago, my uncle died. He was clinically depressed, and he eventually hung himself while at his son’s house. At his funeral, my dad cried. I had never seen him cry before, and it affected me. I decided from that day forward I was going to do anything and everything in my power to live life to the fullest. Life is too short, and it is even shorter if you are depressed. That is the reason why I don’t like being at home. If I get the chance to go on a road trip, go ride quads at the beach, or go to every theme park in California and Florida, I am going to seize the opportunity. School is important, but to me, my life and my satisfaction with my life are more important.

I believe deeply in living life to the fullest, and I intend on taking every opportunity to have fun, thrill seek, make friends, and make mistakes. I take life as it comes, and if something doesn’t go my way, I try to make it an enjoyable experience. I even try to take advantage of opportunities to do simple things such as taking my dog on a walk around the neighborhood. Anything that will allow me to have fun and live life how I want to live it, I welcome with open arms.