Happiness is the key to succeeding in life

Bradly - Centennial, Colorado

I believe that happiness is the key to succeeding in life. If you think that you can just go through life and make lots of money, have a trophy wife, and make happiness you may be right but I think that you are wrong. In my opinion even if you are living in a box on the street as long as you are truly happy why would it matter that you are living in a box on the street. When I did my service projects for 2 weeks I met a man named Rayez he came up to me and told me his story all of a sudden one day when I mentioned that is was cold outside. He was a homeless man with a beard, torn jeans and grimy shirt, and looked as if he had not showered in a while. He told me how he was an adrenalin junkie and how he used to get his kicks in the mountains climbing and just looking at the stars and now he gets his adrenalin fill by living on the street. He refuses to stay at a homeless shelter or stay in the same spot for more than one night. The city is his playground and it is never cold according to him. He is happy and that is all you need. I look up to a man like that who can set aside all stereotypes and live life for one reason and that is to be happy.