I believe in aspirations

Michael - Birmingham, Alabama

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours“ Henry David Thoreau. I aspire to be an unwavering, zealous man every minute of every day. Most people would normally translate these adjectives into a purely religious aspect. Do not get me wrong. I do aspire to be passionate in my relationship with God. I want this more than anything. However, I also aspire to be that kind of man in my relationships with others, in my job, in my family life, and in every aspect of my life.

My first aspiration concerning others is simply to leave an impact on them, to push them in a direction that will improve their lives in one way or another. I aspire to find the perfect woman. I aspire to have a wife on fire for God, willing to serve, and completely honest and loving. In my family I desire to be that loving husband and caring dad who will always be there to provide for and direct my wife and children. I aspire to be honest, loyal, and generous in my work place. Whatever my hands find to do while I work where I am, I aspire to do it with excellence and without complaining. I aspire to have a job that I love and one that is hopefully in the ministry, though this is left open to God’s direction in my life. I aspire to be the example wherever I go, a man of God people can look up to, not because of how great I am, but because of the great work Christ has done in my life.

I seek to know God, to know the love that surpasses understanding. I aspire to run after God in everything I do and to trust Him completely. I aspire to be different in my relationship with my Savior. I live in a day and age where complacency and ignorance reign over my generation, and an age where a relationship with God is no longer a thing of passion. I aspire to spread the love that surpasses understanding, that never fails, to my high school, then to my college, my city, my state, my nation, and then my world. I aspire to have in all of this the boldness of Joshua, the courage of Daniel, the faithfulness of Joseph, the hope of Paul, and the obedience of Abraham. It does not matter where Christ sends me because I know that wherever I go, He will be with me. “The most eloquent prayer is the prayer through hands that heal and bless. The highest form of worship is the worship of unselfish Christian service. The greatest form of praise is the sound of consecrated feet seeking out the lost and helpless” Billy Graham.