God does certian things for certian reasons

Richard - Fairfield, Connecticut
Themes: death, disability

This I believe essay

Richard C

I believe that God takes certain people for certain reasons. It was 6 years ago this June that a terrible accident happened that would change my life forever.

One night late in June, 2002 after I went to bed my uncle took his brand new motorcycle for a ride. The next morning I was the last one up that morning my oldest sister Ali and dad knew something that I didn’t, so I asked, “Where’s mom?”

My dad took me into his room and said “I’m not sure how to explain this to you but something terrible happened last night to your uncle and your mom left at midnight to go back to Cape Cod.” This is when I new what happened. The day before my uncle was telling me how he was going to take the bike for a ride. My dad said that he got into a really bad accident that will forever change his life. He is paralyzed from the shoulders down. It hit me like a ton of bricks, that he was never going to be able to walk again, I sat there for a second then realized that my uncle who was big and strong and always was outside working fishing hunting skiing Ect. Was never going to be able to move again. This is when I started to cry, this is my uncle that I always saw during the winter, summer, fall, and spring.

He always went out of his way to come see my family, and when we went to visit him we would always do something fun outside. This is my uncle that I was so close to. I was only 10 when I heard the horrible news. I now understood what was happening, and I felt helpless.

This all made me think about life in general like death and my family members. I have lost a lot of my family I lost both my grandmothers and one grandfather and now my uncle. This made me start believing in God and thinking about life and death I started to believe that some people were just meant to leave this earth before others, like my family members.

That’s when I started to believe that God is good person and that he takes good people for a reason. He wants good people to join him in heaven. That’s why I think this happened to my uncle, God needed him in heaven. God wanted to show us that what happened to him, that it doesn’t matter how strong you are, or young. Life is a privilege, it can be taken away in an instant that’s what happened to my uncle and that’s why people shouldn’t take there life for granted and why God does certain things for a reason that we may never understand.