Global warming is an evil monster.

Katie - Yankton, South Dakota
Themes: environment

I believe that we should start making the world a better place by changing our ways. Global warming is a serious issue that we need to address and as of right now we are not addressing. There are a few people out there who are trying to make changes, but unless we all start pitching in to help those few people are not going to succeed. As global warming increases so does the dangers that our world is in. There is a multitude of consequences that come from global warming. Global warming may cause ice to melt like in Greenland, or Antarctica, if the ice melts then the sun would heat up the ocean. If the ocean continues to heat up the weather will continue to get warmer. The global warming will continue to kill off wildlife that can not live in the rising temperatures and bad storms. The longer global warming goes unchecked the worse and the more hurricanes and storms are going to get. More hurricanes mean more rains and more droughts as well. I believe that if we want to continue living as we do we need to get our country along with so many others to start doing things to help slow this monster down. Global warming could melt Antarctica or Greenland and if it does it would raise the sea level 20 feet. If the sea level were to raise that much it would wipe out a lot of coastal areas. We have to believe that we will not be flooded out of our homes because of global warming. Global warming is caused by greenhouse gasses getting trapped in our atmosphere which in turn reflect on the ocean and ice. I believe that if we are to stop this evil monster we need to put aside our differences and work together to reduce the amount of greenhouse gasses let out into the atmosphere. This I believe. I believe that through our human nature to survive we should be able to come up with a plan to stop global warming. This monster is only going to keep getting stronger and we as a people are only going to keep getting thrown about by storms and weather changes and temperatures rising. I believe that we should not want this monster to challenge the way we live anymore. I believe that there is a real strong need to survive and the instinct needs to kick in soon. I believe we are all in danger unless we step up to the plate and take on this creature. I believe that this will not stop until it destroys us and our planet. This monster will not stop on its own; it will only stop if it is stopped by the human race. I believe that this monster can be stopped and we will stop it. I have to believe that. I have to believe that we will win out over this monster. I have to believe that we as a human race want to survive. I believe that we will do what is necessary to stop this thing called global warming.