Every Life is Worth Living

Madelynn - Soldotna, Alaska

Every Life is Worth Living

Madelynn T

No matter how uneventful or boring it may be, a life deserves to be lived. I’m happy with my life just the way it is. I have tons of friends, a loving family, and a sheltered life. My parents have given me plenty of opportunities, and I’m perfectly content. I am an extremely smart, successful student who doesn’t need a big, life changing experience to prove that I have a great life.

In my fourteen years of life experiences, my parents have always been there for me. Never have I gone without a ride or had to miss out on something I wanted to do. My family eats together almost every night, and we always try to have a family night every week. My family is huge on family nights. We play all sorts of games from Uno to Rock Band. It may sound corny, but it’s what makes my life unique. I live a comfortable life that I am happy with.

I have been given an abundance of opportunities, probably more than others, and I am very grateful for that. Without my parent’s support, I wouldn’t have the life I have now. For example, I wouldn’t be in the same school; I would be stuck back in middle school, not being challenged, bored out of my mind. When I was in fourth grade my parents decided that I should skip fifth grade. They talked with me and we all agreed it was the right decision. If it weren’t for them, I would have a completely different education, and I thank them for that.

I live a pretty sheltered life. My parents love me and care about my safety. I understand that they need to know where I am. Sure there are positives and negatives to this, but that’s my life. Having a sheltered life may sound boring, but it’s what keeps me from having to go through tough experiences. Without my parents I would probably have more regrets. They have shared with me their experiences, and I have learned from their mistakes. Instead of learning things the hard way, they have let me learn from them.

I have plenty of friends that care about me, and that makes life so much more fun. Without friends, life would be boring. Without friends there would be no one to share secrets with. Friends make me laugh, sometimes make me cry, but they are there for me.

I believe that life is what one makes it and everybody should try to be happy with their life. Who says that in fourteen years I am supposed to have some big, life changing experience? Life is whatever I want it to be and mine is perfectly fine for me.