Gerald - Altoona, Pennsylvania

I should have, would have, and could have, been dead if there was no God. Let me explain

Some of the many events that have taken place in my life, where God has stepped in and saved my life. Before I was born on 4/12/47 the doctor told my mother that I was dead, but my mother said your wrong doctor. She was right, although I was born with broncho-pneumonia. In the first five years, I almost died five times because of it; but God saw me through.

While in the military, I made it through Viet Nam, to come home on thirty-day leave. At the

end of my leave I left Pa. for my next duty station, in North Carolina. On a major highway in Virginia at night, I saw a tractor- trailer, completely across the highway without lights on. I tried to swerve but hit before I could. God was there. From the base of the windshield up was completely torn away. When I came to I was sitting against the driver side door, my feet toward the passenger door, the steering wheel was into my seat, the dash was on the seat next to me. Why wasn’t my head or my legs cut off? Why wasn’t my chest caved in? Why wasn’t I killed? God was there for me again.

That accident, among other things began turning me to God. If he could be there for me, I

Wanted to be there for Him. I began studying God’s word. I heard a lot of preachers, but didn’t just listen to them. I checked out everything they said by the word of God. I finally found a minister who taught and preached nothing but the word of God. God had saved my life, and would do so again, but now He was saving my soul. I found out I had to repent of all my sin’s, and that I had to be baptized (immersed in water) in the Name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sin’s, and that I had to receive the Holy Ghost (speaking in other tongues as the spirit gave the utterance) to be born again. Acts 2:38, 1-4. John 3:1-8

In June of 1987 I was diagnosed with needing a heart transplant. The doctors told me that by

January or February of 1988 I would have to have the operation. In mid August I went to a minister’s conference in Somerset Pa. On Wednesday the first night of services, we were just praising the Lord, when I heard a voice say, “run”! At first I dismissed it but then I heard the voice louder two more times. I did as the voice said, I ran. God instantly healed me. This I truly believe!