The importance of storybook romance

Karin - Dallas, Texas
Themes: love

I believe in storybook romance. Children are growing up faster and faster. Older people are struggling to stay young, but what is it all for? I think it’s for love. Everyone wants to fall in love. I’ve often heard the saying that all the money in the world won’t buy you happiness – but love will. In this day and age, it’s so hard to find someone who likes you for you and people compromise. That compromise leads to divorce which leads to the hunt for love once more. I refuse to compromise. I think that there’s someone out there for everyone and that it’s just a matter of waiting until you find them. Not only do I believe that there’s someone out there for everyone but I believe that once they find that someone, all of their troubles will be solved, just like Cinderella.

She found her true love, left her evil family and moved into a castle with Prince Charming. Doesn’t everyone deserve that? However, in addition to that – I think Prince Charming should never have to settle either. If your princess just happens to be Snow White, then don’t settle! Once you find the perfect person, everything will fall into place. Like the scene from Cinderella when the Prince put the slipper on Cinderella’s foot and she transformed into the girl she was the night of the ball. Men nowadays have to deal with a lot. It’s not easy for them either.

Most successful men only find women who are only interested in their paycheck. It’s so hard to see through the evil. Everyone has an angle. They want to get what they “deserve” which leads me back to my original point. People want love. They want love, they want to be loved. Everyone think power will get love, but really all power gets you are child support, divorce lawyers to pay and an empty house. I think it’s important for everyone to get storybook romance so the world can become a better place.

Do you think that Osama bin Laden would have organized any terrorist attacks if he had one wife who he was in love with? I don’t. When you’re not in love, you hate! You hate everything around you. You’re so angry that you want other people to hate. All of the issues in the world can be solved with love. Not just any type of love though, all of the issues in the entire world can be solved with storybook romance.

I believe that if everyone fell in love the way people in stories fall in love that not only would problems be solved but we would have a better world. Storybook romance would create a world without crime, a world with unlimited democracy, a world without television, a world without hate. What I’m trying to say is that to find storybook romance and the love that comes along with it is to find happiness.

Karin Pierce, 11th grade, Irma Rangel Young Women’s Leadership School