Working hard

Ryan - Austin, Texas
Themes: work

I believe in hard working and I’m going to tell you how hard working became part of my life. When I was little I would always work around the house like cleaning and fixing stuff. My mom would pay me all the time for keeping the house clean. Imagine if everyone were to work hard all the time; we wouldn’t have any lazy people. If were to run statistics on kids who did chores and kids who didn’t we would see kids who did chores more likely worked hard when they grew up and the kids who didn’t more likely didn’t try hard when they grew up. When I was 12 I went to my grandparent’s house for the summer for the first time. When I was out there in west Texas I would go to work with my grandpa. I and he would work hard all through the summer and he paid me of course. What we did was test meters for oil companies to make sure that they were working appropriately. After that I would usually mow there grass and wash there cars and get paid every single time. I made a lot of money during the summer and I also did it for another summer when I was thirteen. Working hard since I was little gave a real experience of what work is all about and picked up some skills along the way. After a while when I was 16; I went out scavenger hunting in search of a job. I filled out applications and did interviews and finally got my first job at long John Silvers/A&W as a cashier. Being my first job I worked hard every single day to show that I had potential of getting a raise and becoming a manager. I did this for about five months and finally got promoted to shift manager. I liked being a shift manager. I had power; I could tell people what to do but, I still worked hard everyday. Then I worked at Which Wich for five months and now I’m at H-E-B and it is much better than working with fast food in my opinion. I’m a cashier at H-E-B but, I also do other stuff like bagging and I worked hard everyday. Working hard when I was little has giving me an opportunity that some kids wish they had. I’ve got some skills that I picked up like managing, speaking, listening, reporting, and a few others that are hard to describe that made me the greatest employee that an employer could have. I hope to keep working hard and go to college to get my bachelors degree. After that I want to join the air force so I can learn to fly and do that for four years and after that I want to become an airline pilot for my career so all I know is if I keep working hard then good things will come my way. So if I was you I wouldn’t slack off.